Maximizing the value & effectiveness of the internal audit
Maximizing the internal audit’s value and effectiveness requires an understanding of the organization’s objectives, risks, risk management priorities, regulatory environment, and the diverse needs of crucial stakeholders, including executive management, the board, audit committees, employees, and shareholders.
Ultimately, these needs determine the organization’s risk profile and the strategic focus of the organization, resources, and practices required of its internal audit department.
Internal auditors are coming to grips with their role and involvement in the initiatives being taken internationally. Questions have arisen regarding both short-term issues during the implementation phase and long-term issues relating to internal audit’s role and responsibilities.
We can help you by:
- Keeping you informed of the changing risks facing the business
- Overcoming difficulty of recruiting and retaining internal audit professionals in crucial skill areas
- Supplementing in-house internal audit department with specialist skills
- Providing for the insufficiency of resources of internal audit department to cover the geographic scope of the organization
- Providing external auditor for organizations in which internal audit is a non-core activity
- Assessing the effectiveness of risk management, internal audit, and corporate governance procedures
FORENSIC AUDITING AND ADVISORY SERVICES
We can assist the client with defending allegations that involve the accuracy of accounting and financial reporting, fraud, regulatory scrutiny, and anti-corruption inquiries. Our experts can advise you about various accounting and compliance issues; analyze corporate books, records, and electronic information; and participate in fact-finding interviews. We react quickly to safeguard your assets and reputation, resolve matters with minimum disruption to the business and ensure non-recurrence by recommending adequate controls. We are experienced in efficiently gathering facts, analyzing critical issues, and preparing reports and presentations, which meet regulatory and judicial scrutiny requirements.
We can shine a light on trusts which fraudsters have created, discover who is pulling strings, and expose their sham structures. We assist with complex accounting and reporting issues that arise from situations outside the ordinary course of business, including:
- Fraud and complex financial investigations
- Financial statement misstatements, inadequate disclosure, and restatements
- Whistleblower allegations
- Regulatory inquiries
- Anti-corruption enquiries
- Independent internal controls and fraud risk assessment
- Compliance and transaction risk assessments
- Embezzlement and kickbacks
Through our collaborating firms, our key service offerings include
- Discovery & cyber forensic litigation & dispute
- Litigation, Arbitration & Dispute Support
- Due Diligence
- Anti-Bribery / Anti-Corruption
- Corporate investigations
- Lender assurance