Farrukh Karim Qureshi
Contact: +92 300 555 0908
- Barrister at Law (Lincoln’s Inn) (1981)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB
Mr. Qureshi, is the Chairman of Septentrio Global Consulting and the Managing Partner of Samdani & Qureshi, since 1981, with almost forty years of vigorous engagement with transactional and contentious legal practices with significant emphasis on corporate, project financing, commercial and construction law as well as domestic and international commercial arbitrations and crossborder financial transactions.
He has been involved in general consultancy work and litigious matters and worked for government organizations, departments, and private sector national and international entities.
He specializes in construction/engineering and public private partnership contracts and has been actively involved in rendering legal advice and assistance in matters pertaining to construction/engineering and public private partnership disputes and has conducted major arbitrations in this area of the law.
Mr. Qureshi is one of the leading counsels in the country in the area of Alternative Dispute Resolution and has been involved in international arbitrations before the International Chamber of Commerce, Paris and the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (“ICSID”), Washington and has been engaged in SCC, ICC, ICSID and Adhoc arbitrations.
Mr. Qureshi was a visiting faculty in International Islamic University for their law program and was also engaged in development of curriculum, schemes for training of faculty and general administration of the University.
- Counsel for $ 250 million foreign calls receivables securitization transaction of Pakistan Telecommunication Corporation Limited
- Counsel for $ 100 million Floating rate notes issued by Government of Pakistan.
- Drafted ordinance for the establishment of a Road Fund Board for National Highway Authority
- Advised on JV agreements for cement and sugar plants, aircraft overhaul facility project, and telecommunication projects
- Counsel in arbitrations for construction disputes of Lahore-Islamabad, Islamabad- Peshawar motorways, Sukkur by-pass, and several other infrastructure projects
- Counsel for GOP in negotiations and award of first motorway project on Build Operate and Transfer basis in Pakistan
- Counsel for Privatization Commission, GOP for privatization of Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation’s hotels
- Advisor to banks for reviewing and drafting documents, standard agreements for mortgage, leasing, hypothecation, and fixed and floating charges
- Involved in accountability initiatives of GOP
- Extensive experience of domestic and international commercial arbitrations
- Successfully defended a claim of USD 650 million against the government of Pakistan before an ICSID tribunal
- Counsel in ICSID arbitration between the Government of Pakistan and a Turkish Claimant
- Counsel in numerous Adhoc arbitrations between statutory corporations and domestic and foreign contractors/investors
- Represented the Claimant in a dispute with the Government of Jordan before the DAB, ICSID and ICC tribunals.