Rashid Ibrahim, FCA
Contact: +92 321 507 7777
- B. Com – Punjab University (1978)
- Chartered Accountant – Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (1984)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan
- Pakistan Tax Bar Association
- Rawalpindi / Islamabad Tax Bar Association
- Vice President of ICAP (2013-2014)
- Council member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) (2013-2017)
- Chairman Investigation Committee of ICAP (2013-2014)
- Chairman Education & Training Committee of ICAP (2013-2014)
- Chairman Taxation Committee of ICAP 2015-17
- President Rawalpindi / Islamabad Tax Bar Association 2020-21
- Member Education, Training and CPD Committee, International Relations Committee and Tariff Committee of South Asian Federation for Accountants (SAFA)
- Member Technical Advisory Committee of ICAP for sixteen years
- Member Education & Training Committee of ICAP for the eight terms of one year
- Member CPD Committee of ICAP for eight years
- Member Taxation & Economics Committee of ICAP
- Member Public Sector Committee of ICAP
- Chairman CPD Committee of ICAP for Islamabad / Rawalpindi for fourteen years
- Member Co-ordination Committee of ICAP for Islamabad / Rawalpindi for nine years
- Member Managing Committee of Benevolent Fund of ICAP for ten years
- Member and Chairman Alternate Dispute Resolution Committees formulated by Federal Board of Revenue, Government of Pakistan
- Senior Vice President of Rawalpindi / Islamabad Tax Bar Association for two terms of two years each
- Vice President of Rawalpindi / Islamabad Tax Bar Association for two terms of two years each
- Member World Bank team for doing business surveys for Pakistan
- Member global PwC GVS team
- Global contact partner for PwC for taxation issues for both Pakistan and Afghanistan
- President Rotary Club of Islamabad Cosmopolitan 2012-13 and 2019-20
- Secretary Cosmo Community Center, a project of Rotary
- Founder Trustee Bright Star Trust
- Managing Trustee Air Trust
- Member Managing Committee / Finance committee convener Islamabad Golf Club
- Director SPARC, a society for the protection of the rights of the Child
- Member Endowment Fund Management Committee, Comsats University
- Member Finance and Planning Committee, Comsats University
Mr. Rashid Ibrahim is Managing Partner of Septentrio Global Consulting since March 18, 2019. He also served as a partner in A.F. Ferguson & Co., a member firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers since July 1, 2000 after the international merger of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse till March 17, 2018.
He was the Territory Tax Leader of A.F. Ferguson & Co., a member firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers for Pakistan and Afghanistan from 2014-17.
He is the founding partner of Coopers & Lybrand’s general practice in Pakistan since January 1, 1996 and was a shareholder of Coopers & Lybrand Consulting in Pakistan from 1996 to 2000.
He served Jawaid Qadeer Rashid & Co. as founding partner from July 1, 1989 to December 31, 1995 when the firm was merged into Coopers & Lybrand in Pakistan.
He also served as manager and in last two years as a partner with Khalid Majid & Co. from March 1985 to June 30, 1989.
He was trained with Taseer Hadi Khalid & Co., a member firm of KPMG from September 1978 to August 1982.
He has extensive experience of direct and indirect tax advisory in Pakistan and Afghanistan, assurance /audit practice, due diligence assignments for multinational clients and Privatization commission of Pakistan, accounting assignments, salary surveys, registration and compliance under corporate and related laws of Pakistan and Afghanistan.
His widespread knowledge base includes Taxation laws, Corporate laws, International Accounting and Auditing Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards. He specializes in Oil & Gas, Telecommunication, and Electricity power generation, sectors in Pakistan.
He got adequate knowledge of regulations of Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) applicable to private, listed, and unlisted companies. He got extensive experience of organizing regional, national, and international seminars.
He acted as paper reader and presenter at various seminars organized by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP), Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMAP), Tax Bars and other Institutions and also served as visiting faculty of ICAP, ICMAP and various Universities.